Simple Strawberry Salad
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 1/4 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
For balsamic vinaigrette dressing:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic, or 1.5 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) salt, then more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Toast the chopped nuts for 3 to 4 minutes in a 300F oven.
- Combine the lettuce with cheese, nuts and strawberries.
- Taste to see if lettuce is coated enough to your preferences; add more if you prefer.
- Prepare the salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar and shaking until combined. For best results, chill for one hour before dressing salad
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.