Avocado Egg Bake
- 1 large Haas avocado, ripe but firm
- 2 eggs, the smaller the better
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out a little flesh of each avocado half - you want it to be large enough to accommodate a medium egg.
- Season avocado halves with salt & pepper, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Break each egg into a small bowl, then carefully slide the yolk, and as much as will fit from the white, into the center of each avocado half.
- Bake until the whites are set, about 15 minutes. If the egg yolks have developed a thin crust while baking, you can remove it carefully with a small sharp knife.
- Season with red pepper flakes, and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately & enjoy!
More from: 15 Minute Meals avocado Eggs