- 1 lb Terrona Sausage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 baby broccoli bunch, chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter or oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon (1/2 juiced, 1/2 sliced)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (or carrot tops)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce, optional
- Red chili flakes, optional
- Quickly blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to an ice bath or rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high, add water and sausages. Cook half covered for 10 minutes, turning regularly. Once the water evaporates, add 2 Tbsp butter or oil, half the minced garlic and red chili flakes, and continue cooking. Once sausages have browned in the garlic butter sauce, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining butter or oil. Add chopped parsley, thyme, remaining garlic, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes and blanched broccoli. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Add lemon juice, vegetable or chicken stock, hot sauce, and allow the sauce to reduce for a couple of mins.
- Add sausages next to the broccoli and reheat quickly. Spoon the sauce over the sausage and broccoli. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper, fresh herbs, and a slice of lemon.