Skip to content
- 1 whole fully cooked bone-in ham (ours our small 3lb. hams)
- whole cloves
- 3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 blood oranges, juiced
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325˚.
- Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern about 1/8-inch deep. Place cloves in the middle of each diamond. Place ham in a large roasting pan with a rack, tent it with foil, and bake for about 1/2 hour. Note: for larger hams, bake approximately 15 minutes per lb (until internal temperature exceeds 135˚F).
- Heat the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and orange juice in a small saucepan until bubbly. Cook until reduced and a bit thicker, about 15 minutes. Don't walk away from the stove, or you may find that the sauce has bubbled over.
- After initial baking time, remove the foil and brush the glaze on the ham in 5 minute intervals (put the ham back in the oven, uncovered, in between) until it's nice and glossy.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 15-20 minutes before carving.