- 1 large ruby red grapefruit
- 6 oz mixed baby greens
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup roasted, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Segment grapefruit over a small bowl to catch juices. Reserve 2 Tbsp juice for dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, avocados, grapefruit segments, and green onions.
- For dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, reserved grapefruit juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle oil in a thin steady stream into the mustard mixture, whisking constantly.
- Lightly dress the lettuce mixture with some of the dressing. Pass remaining dressing. Sprinkle salad with pistachios.