- orange cauliflower head
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, smoked paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and black pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the tough bottom leaves from cauliflower, taking care not to remove the stem.
- Place the cauliflower heads onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically on both sides of the stem to remove the loose florets. Reserve florets for another use.
- Cut each cauliflower vertically through the stem into 2 even "steaks", 1" to 1 1/2" thick. Remove any remaining small leaves from each steak. Place the 4 steaks on a baking sheet.
- Brush one side of the steaks with the oil mixture. Place steaks on grill, oiled side down; grill for 5 minutes. Brush more oil mixture on top and gently flip over. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Drizzle with any remaining oil and remove to a plate. Enjoy!
More from: cauliflower