Herb Roasted Beets & Rutabaga
- 1 lb. red beets
- 1 lb. rutabagas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp dried basil, oregano, thyme & rosemary
- salt & pepper, to taste
- fresh rosemary, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel the beets and rutabagas.
- Slice into wedges of similar thickness.
- Place onto baking pan and drizzle with oil.
- Use your fingers to coat the beet wedges evenly with oil.
- Sprinkle the herb seasoning, salt and pepper over the vegetables.
- Roast, uncovered, until the wedges are tender when pierced with a skewer and the edges have browned slightly (around 40 minutes).