- 1 lb gold potatoes
- salt, to taste
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- 3 cups chopped curly kale
- 3 green onions, minced, optional
- 1 cup milk or cream
- Boil potatoes: place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by at least an inch. Add 2 Tbsp of salt and bring to a boil. Keep boiling until potatoes are fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Cook the greens and the green onions with butter. Return pot to the stove and set over medium-high heat. Melt butter and then add greens.
- Cook greens for 3-4 mins, or until they are wilted and have given off some of their water. Add the green onions and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in milk or cream, mix well, and add potatoes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes, mixing them up with the greens.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot, with a knob of butter in the center. Enjoy!