Skip to content
- 1 leftover roasted chicken carcass and any drippings or gelled consomme
- any leftover roasted veggies
- 2 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
10 whole peppercorns or 4tsp ground pepper
- 6 cups cool water
Place the chicken carcass, droppings and veggies in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium low, cover with the lid slightly askew to let a little steam escape and simmer for at least one hour and up to two.
- Remove the bones and vegetables with a slotted spoon or spider ladle, or if desired, strain the stock through a fine mesh sieve.