- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated hard cheese of choice, plus more to garnish
- salt & pepper, to taste
- zest of 1 lemon (plus more to garnish)
- ¼ cup pasta water + splash
- For the garnish: chopped parsley, red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until it is al dente, following package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a saucepan, mix the ricotta, olive oil, grated cheese, salt, black pepper, lemon zest, and ¼ cup pasta water. Warm over medium heat and stir until a creamy sauce forms (about 1 minute).
- Pour the sauce onto the noodles and stir to combine. Add another splash of pasta water to help the sauce coat the noodles.
- Serve with chopped parsley, pepper flakes, cheese and the reserved lemon zest.
- Leftovers last 2 days refrigerated, but the sauce becomes thick when cold. Reheat with a splash of milk and additional kosher salt to revive the flavors.