- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5oz. spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 green leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- hatch chile goat chevre, crumbled
- 2 fresh ears of corn, shucked, optional
- 1 large orange (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- With the exception of the olive oil, combine dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- While the food processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- Pour into a jar or sealed container so flavors set and combine.
- Preheat the grill to 450°F, pat steak with a paper towel to remove some of the moisture.
- Rub all sides with olive oil, season generously.Transfer steak to the hot grill, and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium, longer if desired. At the same time, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 8 minutes total.
- Remove steak to a platter, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before thinly slicing. Remove the corn and let slightly cool before cutting the kernels off the cob.
- Roughly chop lettuce, add to a bowl along with the spring mix and toss with some of the dressing.
- Thinly slice radishes, onion and cut tomatoes then add to salad bowl and toss.
- Slice steak, plate salad then top with steak and crumbled cheese. Pour the rest of the dressing and serve immediately.