- 1-2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2" spears
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp+ coarse sea salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp grated gouda cheese, optional
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley or carrot greens, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices, and then cut each slice into spears.
- Place the cut vegetables on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and toss to coat. Spread them out evenly.
- Roast, stirring with a spatula halfway through, until tender and browned on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, parsley and garlic. Add the warm fries and stir gently to coat. Season with salt and serve immediately.