Apple Kale Salad with Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- nuts of choice
- 1 kale bunch, leaves torn apart
- 1 apple
- Point Reyes Farmstead blue cheese, crumbled
- Make the balsamic vinaigrette first, so the flavors have time to blend. Add dressing ingredients to a jar, close tightly and gently shake until well combined. Set aside.
- Add torn kale leaves to a large bowl. Add about 2 Tbsp of the balsamic vinaigrette and massage the dressing into the kale leaves for about 2 minutes. The kale will wilt to about half the volume.
- Slice apple into thin pieces and arrange on top of the massaged kale. Top with desire nuts and crumbled blue cheese.
- Enjoy immediately!
More from: 15 Minute Meals Blue Cheese Kale Recipes