- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Petaluma Pastures pasture-raised eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 pinches of fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the cauliflower from top to bottom into ½-inch thick slices. Save any florets or small pieces for another dish.
- Rub steaks with the olive oil or room temperature butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a baking sheet until golden and tender but not mushy, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your Chermoula: In a food processor pulse the garlic until minced. Add the salt, spices, oil, and lemon juice, and pulse to combine.
- Roughly chop the cilantro, add in and pulse until a smooth consistency is reached. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a shallow pot of water to a simmer over low heat. Gently stir the water to create a whirlpool.
- Crack 1 egg into a small dish, then carefully transfer the egg to the center of the whirlpool.
- Poach the egg for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon and place it on a clean kitchen towel to absorb any water. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- To serve, place a generous dollop of Chermoula on each plate, followed by a cauliflower steak. Top with a poached egg and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Enjoy immediately!