Skip to content
- 1/2# crimini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese of choice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil. Remove stems from the mushrooms, finely chop them, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture is gone. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the onion has softened. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a mixing bowl, and let it cool slightly.
- To the mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, shredded cheese (reserve 1 tablespoon), and parsley. Stir until well combined.
Fill mushroom caps with the cheese filling, and evenly sprinkle the tops with shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mushrooms are slightly soft. Garnish with extra parsley to serve.