Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1/2# crimini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese of choice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil. Remove stems from the mushrooms, finely chop them, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture is gone. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the onion has softened. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a mixing bowl, and let it cool slightly.
- To the mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, shredded cheese (reserve 1 tablespoon), and parsley. Stir until well combined.
- Fill mushroom caps with the cheese filling, and evenly sprinkle the tops with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mushrooms are slightly soft. Garnish with extra parsley to serve.
More from: Appetizers Game Day Mushrooms