- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- cheese of choice
- sautéed onions
- 8 strips crispy bacon
- 4 fried eggs with soft yolks
- Spread (see Protein style recipe)
- 4 soft buns
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot (but not smoking). Add onions and cook until they begin to soften, ~5 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and vinegar, and stir to combine. Continue to cook until onions are very soft and begin to brown, about ten more minutes. Set aside.
- Combine ground meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Do not over-mix. Form into four patties. Either heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over med/high heat, or turn on your grill to high heat.
- Cook burgers for about 3 mins on each side for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Fry eggs while burgers cook. Top burgers with cheese in the last two minutes of cooking.
- Split open the buns and spread each half with the homemade spread, then top with the cheeseburgers, onions, bacon and fried eggs.