For the salad:
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1-2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 head of butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 carrots, julienned or grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)
Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 12 Tablespoons (3/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or any mustard you have on hand)
- 2-3 small garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, place torn butter lettuce leaves as the base.
- Arrange the cucumber slices and avocado slices evenly over the lettuce.
- Evenly distribute the julienned or grated carrot over the salad.
- Add blackberries, ensuring a good distribution for a burst of color and sweetness.
- Garnish with the sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
Make the Dressing:
- In a bowl or jar, whisk or shake together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Add the minced garlic (if using) and whisk or shake again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss gently to ensure all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.