- 1 loaf French baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp raw garlic, finely chopped (garlic powder also works)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional as garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, stir together the room temperature butter, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and a pinch of salt until relatively smooth.
- Cut the bread open lengthwise. Lay bread on a baking sheet, cut sides facing up. Spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the open surfaces of the bread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and crispy. Cut bread into 2-inch sections and serve hot.