Goat Gouda-Filled Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 6 oz goat white gouda, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 parsley sprigs or carrot greens, minced
- olive oil, for brushing the grill
- hamburger buns
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- green leaf lettuce
- red salsa, optional
- 2 avocados, halved & pitted
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey to a large bowl with the diced gouda, parsley and spices.
- Using your hands, combine the mixture until the cheese is evenly dispersed. Don't over-mix.
- Form turkey into 4 equally sized burger patties.
- Clean grill with half an onion and brush olive oil on grates. Grill the burgers for 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. The burgers should have beautiful grill marks & tons of melty cheese oozing out!
- As the burgers grill, prep the avocado mash. Add the avocado to a medium bowl with the lemon juice and salt. Mash to your desired consistency and set aside.
- Serve as desired, on toasted buns with the avocado mash, salsa, lettuce, onion & condiments. Enjoy!
More from: 30 Minute Meals Burger Cheeseburger goat cheese gouda ground turkey