- 2 ears corn, shucked and silk removed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces Cypress Grove Hatch Chile Chèvre, crumbled
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high.
- Brush corn and scallions with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until corn kernels are browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes, and the scallions are charred all over and tender, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk, mash the chèvre into a coarse paste.
- Whisk in buttermilk, lemon zest and juice and garlic, then stir in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with half the chèvre dressing and arrange on a platter.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob and slice scallions into bite-size pieces.
- Arrange avocado slices, corn and scallions on top of the lettuce.
- Serve with remaining dressing.
Recipe adapted from New York Times Cooking