Skip to content
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves (or 1/4 cup honey)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon, ground ginger
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 medium purple bell peppers
- 1 medium eggplant, optional
- 2-3 summer squash
- 6 sausages
- In a blender, combine preserves (or honey), soy sauce, ginger, water, minced garlic cloves, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until well combined.
- Cut the purple bell peppers lengthwise in half, remove the seeds. If using, slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices.and cut the summer squash lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large bowl, place all the vegetables and drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the vegetables on a greased grill rack and grill, covered, for 8-10 minutes. Turn them once during cooking, until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred. Remove and let them cool slightly. Reduce the grill temperature to medium-low heat.
- Cut the grilled vegetables into bite-sized pieces and toss them with an additional 1/4 cup of the sauce. Keep warm.
- Grill the sausages, covered, over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove and toss with the remaining sauce.
- Serve the grilled sausages with the vegetables.