Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mary's Organic ground chicken
- 1 red pepper diced, optional
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- red butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- crushed peanuts
- 2 tsp fresh ground ginger, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or alternative
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha or to taste
- Add all sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add ground chicken and cook until no pink remains.
- When the chicken is done, add red pepper, carrots and onion and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce until it's completely combined then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes to thicken and develop the flavor.
- Remove pan from heat. Serve mixture in lettuce cups. You may need to double up the lettuce cups for a sturdier wrap. Top with chopped scallions, cilantro and peanuts if desired.
More from: chicken lettuce lettuce wraps