Skip to content
PRINT THIS RECIPE
- 12oz The Pasta Shop Fresh Spaghetti
- 1 cup Bellwether Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated hard cheese of choice, plus more to garnish
salt & pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon (plus reserve some for garnish)
- 5oz baby spinach
- ¼ cup pasta water, plus more
- For the garnish: chopped parsley, red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, following package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta.
In a saucepan, mix the ricotta, olive oil, grated cheese, salt, black pepper, lemon zest, spinach and ¼ cup pasta water. Warm over medium heat and stir until a creamy sauce forms, about 1 minute.
Pour the sauce onto the noodles and stir to combine. Add another splash of pasta water to help the sauce coat the noodles.
- Serve with chopped parsley, pepper flakes, cheese and the reserved lemon zest. (Leftovers last 2 days refrigerated but the sauce becomes thick when cold. Reheat with a splash of milk and additional salt to revive the flavors.)