- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese blend
- 9 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk (any kind will work)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add in mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Turn off heat add in cheese and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and milk. Add in sea salt.
- Grease a muffin tin VERY well and add roughly 1 tablespoon of the onion-mushroom mixture to all 12 cups.
- Top with egg-milk mixture until each cup is full and sprinkle each with pepper.
- Bake egg muffins for 13-15 minutes or until egg has set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place a knife around the edges until the frittatas loosen up and are easy to remove.
Will keep in fridge for up to 1 week or store in freezer for 3 months!