A cheesy mustard spread made with German beer - perfect for dipping pretzels!
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Sierra Nevada Porter & Spicy Brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup German beer (non alcoholic beer works just as well!)
- Place the cubed cheese in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, about 10 pulses.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper to the cheese and begin to process. While processing, pour the beer through the feed tube in a steady stream and process until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency, about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with pretzels, crackers or pumpernickel bread. The spread can be kept in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.