- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lb russet potatoes
- 1/2 lb sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb root vegetables, such as golden beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter turns light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of the garlic butter into a 10" cast-iron skillet. Arrange one-third of the potato and vegetable slices in a circular pattern in skillet, overlapping slices. Drizzle with 1½ Tbsp of the remaining garlic butter and sprinkle with ½ tsp. kosher salt and ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper. Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover skillet with buttered foil. Heat over medium-high until it begins to sizzle, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden and potatoes and vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes. Loosen potatoes and vegetables from skillet and invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with chives.