- 1/4 # ground beef patties
- green leaf lettuce
- onion, sliced or caramelized
- tomato, optional
- cheddar cheese, sliced, optional
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp. sugar-free ketchup (or sub 1 tsp. tomato paste)
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. diced pickles or relish
- 1-2 tsp. pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Start by prepping the sauce. In a small bowl, combine mayo, ketchup, mustard, diced pickles. Adjust to taste.
- Cook burgers on grill or hot skillet for ~3 mins on each side for medium-rare, or until your desired degree of doneness.
- Once patty nears its end cook time - Place one piece of cheddar cheese on one burger patty and stack the second patty on top.
- To assemble the burger, start with a bottom piece of lettuce (aka bun). Add the sliced onion, the double stacked burger patty, pickles, and sauce. Cover with the second lettuce bun and dig in!