Roasted Asparagus with Chimichurri
- 1 asparagus bunch
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 4 Tbsp chimichurri sauce or more to taste, recipe below
- 2 cups parsley leaves with tender stems (or carrot greens)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Add asparagus to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and rub with oil & salt.
- Roast the spears until tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Chimichurri: Mince garlic and onion, and add to a medium bowl. Finely chop the parsley (or carrot greens) and add to the bowl along with the sea salt, red pepper flakes, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Stir, taste and season with more salt or red pepper flakes if desired.
- Plate the asparagus and top with chimichurri. Enjoy!
More from: asparagus chimichurri