Roasted Asparagus with Goat Cheese
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, or as needed
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup walnuts (optional)
- Meyer Lemon Goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F and arrange trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil, season with salt, and move the asparagus around to coat all spears.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- While the asparagus roasts, add balsamic vinegar to a small heavy saucepan and place it over medium heat. Cook until boiling, then quickly reduce heat as needed to keep it at a low boil.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until it reduces by half and is slightly syrupy (about 4 to 6 minutes). Set aside and allow to thicken.
- Place walnuts in a dry nonstick pan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once partially cooled, transfer nuts to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese and toasted walnuts. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the dish and serve immediately.
More from: asparagus goat cheese