- 3 lbs root vegetables (carrots, leeks, sweet potatoes, beets)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7-10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Position a rack in bottom third of oven and a rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients except garlic and leek in very large bowl; toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Divide vegetable mixture between sheets. Place 1 sheet on each oven rack. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reverse positions of baking sheets. Add 5 garlic cloves and half the leeks to each baking sheet.
- Continue to roast until all vegetables are tender and brown in spots, turning vegetables occasionally, about 20-25 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
(Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheets at room temperature. Rewarm in 450°F oven until heated, about 10-15 minutes.)