- red leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 3 blood oranges
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Blood Orange Vinaigrette:
- 1 blood orange
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash greens and pat dry.
- Cut three blood oranges into rounds. Cut shallot in half and thinly slice. Chop walnuts. Cut avocado into thin slices.
- Lay out the greens on a large platter. Top with onion, orange slices, avocado, and walnuts. Set aside while you prepare the vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette:
- Squeeze juice of one blood orange into a bowl (about 1/4 cup of juice).
- Add 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add minced garlic clove, dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle over salad and enjoy!