Sesame Kale & Beef Bowls
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey or sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 carrots, shaved into ribbons with a peeler
BEEF AND KALE:
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- sriracha, to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Five Dot Ranch ground beef, 1#
- 4 curly kale leaves, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 1 tsp corn starch
- fried egg
- cooked rice
- Pickled Carrots: Mix water, rice vinegar, honey, and salt in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat until steam rises from the edge of the pan and the sugar is dissolved. Place the carrot ribbons in a heatproof bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over them. Toss to combine, and let sit while you prepare the other components.
- Sesame Beef and Kale: Start by mixing the soy sauce, honey, sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl to make the sauce. Add sriracha to reach your desired level of heat.
- Toast the sesame seeds over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Transfer the seeds to a bowl and wipe out the pan.
- Add olive oil and set the heat to medium high. When the oil is hot, add the ground beef. Let it cook undisturbed until nicely browned on the bottom, about 4 mins. Stir frequently, breaking up big pieces with a spatula, until no longer pink. Add half the sauce and stir.
- Add the kale a handful at a time, stirring until each handful has wilted before adding more. Continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, until the kale is cooked to your liking. Taste and add additional sauce if desired, or reserve the rest for serving. Transfer the beef, kale, and sauce to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe down pan and re-use to fry eggs, if desired.
- Add cooked rice to a bowl, top with beef, fried egg and pickled carrots.
More from: 30 Minute Meals Beef ground beef Kale Rice