Bratwurst is a type of German sausage. The name is derived from the Old High German Brätwurst, from brät-, finely chopped meat, and Wurst, sausage.
Serve with buns or go low carb, but enjoy this recipe right from the pan!
- 6 Journeyman Meat Co fresh Brätwurst
- olive oil
- sweet peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion
- salt & pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Sierra Nevada Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F. If you want grill marks on your brats, give them a brush with olive oil and brown on a grill pan for a few minutes on each side.
- Slice onion and peppers into strips.
- Put the onions and peppers on a sheet pan and season lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Use clean hands to toss everything together so all surfaces are lightly coated with oil.
- Arrange in a single layer on the pan and give peppers space so that they don't steam.
- Nestle the brats among the veggies and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Roast in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the brats are cooked through (interior temperature should read 160°F) and everything is nicely caramelized.
- Serve with mustard, potato salad and a healthy scoop of Wild West Ferments Sauerkraut!