- 1lb steak strips (or carne asada, sliced)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- .5lb crimini mushrooms
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fajita seasoning, divided *recipe below
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (optional)
- Tortilla chips or favorite tortillas, for serving
- Garnish: chopped cilantro, sliced fresh avocado, shredded cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak strips and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring once.
- While the steak is cooking, slice peppers and onion lengthwise into 1/2" pieces and cut mushrooms in 1/2 lengthwise, set aside in a bowl.
- Add 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp lime juice and half of the fajita seasoning to the veggie mixture.
- When finished cooking, set meat aside in a bowl then add 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp lime juice and remaining fajita seasoning to meat. Toss well to coat.
- Heat the skillet used to cook the steak on medium-high heat. Add the veggies and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the veggies are done, add the steak back to the skillet and stir everything together.
- Serve family style with tortilla chips or warmed corn tortillas, fresh avocado shredded cheese and cilantro. Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa and your favorite hot sauce!