- 1lb steak strips (or carne asada, sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fajita seasoning *recipe below
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups chopped red leaf lettuce
- 1 ½ cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful corn tortilla chips (per serving)
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steak strips to a bowl or ziploc bag with 1Tbsp oil and fajita seasoning. Stir or shake until steak is coated.
- Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. remove from pan and set aside.
- Roughly chop lettuce and divide between bowls for individual servings.
- Prepare toppings: Dice tomato and onion, set aside. Slice avocado, set aside.
- Crush tortilla chips in your hand and sprinkle over lettuce. Top evenly with steak, tomato and avocado.
- Top with shredded cheese and cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with lime wedges and salsa or hot sauce.