- Journeyman Meat Co. Terrona fresh Italian sausage
- The Pasta Shop fresh rigatoni
- 1-2 shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 sweet peppers, sliced
- 2-3 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, if needed
- 4-6 basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Cut ends from bok choy, chop into bite-sized pieces, rinse thoroughly and drain well.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook rigatoni for about 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Remove sausage from casings, and crumble into bite-sized pieces
- Add sausage to large skillet over medium heat, and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned, and set aside.
- If needed, add a little oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute. Add shallots, peppers and black pepper, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan, add bok choy, and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pasta and 2 tablespoons reserved pasta water to skillet. Toss together, and finish cooking for 1 minute.
- Garnish with basil & enjoy!