- pastured ground beef
- Sonoma Valley Foods tortilla chips
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp, sea salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp, garlic and onion powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 shallots, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced, optional
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- Brown the ground beef and diced onions over medium-high heat (about 8 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix taco seasoning spices then add to the beef. Stir in 3/4 cup water, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, chop lettuce and avocado.
- Assemble salad starting with lettuce and add desired toppings. Enjoy!