Skip to content
- 2 large sweet potatoes, pierced 6 to 8 times with a fork
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces organic crimini mushrooms, quartered, brown bottoms trimmed from stems
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 head red gem lettuce or large handful mixed greens
- 4 Tbsp fresh goats cheese - optional
- 2 sweetie apples, diced - optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes (you may want to put a piece of aluminum foil underneath to catch any drips) for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, when the sweet potatoes have cooked for about 30 minutes, place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, the mushrooms, onion, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, keeping the mushrooms firm. Transfer to a medium bowl. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and stir in the greens until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushroom and onion mixture. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and cut each crosswise into 8 slices. As you slice them, the peels should slip away; discard the peels. Arrange 4 sweet potato slices on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Scoop the warm greens, mushroom, and onion mixture over the warm sweet potatoes.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp of cheese and diced apples.