- 2 lbs Rusty Hinges Ranch Pork Leg, cut into four pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon each: Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme, Cumin, Oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon each: Bay Leaves, Dried Onion, Chipotle Pepper, Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
Salad Toppings (all optional)
- 8 cups green leaf lettuce
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Wild West Ferments El Curtido
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sol Food Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Cut pork leg into 4 pieces.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients together in a small dish, and rub well into each piece of the pork.
- Add the roast and stock of choice to your Instant Pot.
- Turn pressure to High and cook for 40 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release, then open the Instant Pot. Use two forks to shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Next, prep your toppings.
- If including, slice the bell peppers. Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the peppers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash and chop the lettuce. Set aside.
- Slice the jalapeño, lime, and cilantro. Wait until just before serving to slice the avocado.
- Divide the lettuce in bowls, and top with carnitas and any desired toppings. Garnish with extra cilantro and slices of lime.
Storing carnitas leftovers: Store the carnitas in an air tight container or bag for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to 4 months in the freezer.