Sweet Potato Fries
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- fine sea salt, to taste
- Slice sweet potatoes into long, thin strips, about 1/4-inch wide. Add fries to a large bowl of cold water and soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, or mist with cooking spray, set aside.
- Drain fries, rinse out and dry your bowl, then blot fries dry with a clean towel.
- Add dry fries back to clean bowl and drizzle evenly with olive oil; toss until evenly coated.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper until combined.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the bowl of fries, then toss until the fries are evenly coated and the cornstarch has soaked into the oil.
- Spread fries out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. For best results, avoid fries touching or overlapping each other.
- Bake for 13 minutes, then flip each fry with a spatula. Rearrange so that the fries are evenly spaced and not overlapping again. Then bake for 10-13 more minutes, or until desired crispness.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack, sprinkle with your desired amount of salt, then let the fries rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
More from: 30 Minute Meals Recipes Sweet Potato